Saturday 28 October 2017

(Part 2) IS THIS YOUR CHILD?:SEE WHAT KIDS CAN BECOME WHEN WE'RE NOT THERE FOR THEM

I looked deep into her half shut eyes as she let out the smoke through her nostrils, she was in a world so far away. It was as though she'd been hungry for whatever it was she was smoking for a long time and was glad she was finally getting her fill.
"Ah, I badly needed that," she'd said as she slowly returned to earth. 
"Do you want a puff?" she'd offered me. 
I shook my head quickly. "No, thanks."
She looked at me for a brief spell before swiftly took another long drag. This time, it was even longer. And when puffed out, I could barely see her face, the smoke was everywhere.
"You don't smoke, do you?" She asked me.
"I used to." I answered.
"So, why did you stop?"
I smiled wryly. "I found out a long time ago that I was merely wasting away my well being, it could never do me any good."
She shrugged. "Good for you," she'd thrown back at me.
"You don't seem to drink either. I mean alcohol?" she asked when she noticed the bottle of Soda in my hand.
"I actually do, but only once in a while."
"Then, what are you doing here? You don't look to me like you should be here."
This girl is much wilder than her age, I'd thought.
"Shouldn't I be asking you that question? Don't you think you're way too young to be here?" I retorted.
"Way too young, you've gotto be kidding me! I am eighteen plus for crying out loud."
"You're still too young to be here hanging out with men old enough to be your Dad".
She took a long look at me, a puzzled look on her face.
"Who are you? This is the first time I will be coming here and someone's trying to preach to me."
"I'm not trying to preach to you, I'm just curious about you," I said to her. "You sound to me like a girl from a pretty decent family, how come you're doing this?"
"Because mum and Dad don't give a f--k about me. They are too busy chasing after money and building their so called careers, but they do not have the time to build their own family. Funny, isn't it? Yes, they have the resources, but they don't have the time to show me and my kid sister love. They don't even care what's happening to us. As I speak to you, I haven't seen my father in months because he's busy jumping from one country to the other. My mum I see only late in the night when she returns from office. My God! They didn't even know our driver deflowered me since age fourteen and has been f---king me ever since!"
"My God!" I was speechless. Age fourteen? "But aren't you in the university already?"
"Sure, I am. That's where they came to pick all of us tonight."
I looked at her all over and could only feel pity for her inside me. "But why are you doing this, sleeping with this randy old men?"
"Because I need the money!"
"Like how much are we talking about here?"
"I'm leaving here with 100k guaranteed in the morning, now isn't that some cool money? And of course you get to enjoy free drugs and booze here as well. And the best part is that most of these old guys rarely do much in bed, they just doze off 3 minutes after, so its like a walk in the park for me really, if you know what I mean."
I didn't know what she meant but I didn't bother telling her so. All I was feeling at that time was nothing but pity for her.
...want some?" Her voice broke into my thoughts.
"Sorry, what did you say?"
"I said I'm feeling horny now, do you want some or should I go pick myself one of these pot bellied old goats?"
I couldn't say anything. I was too shocked to say anything. And when she realized I was not on the same page with her, she promptly rose to her feet, threw me a loud irritating hiss and then cat walked away, rolling her modestly large bum bum behind her as she walked. And before you could say Jack, she was already in the arms of a sixty something year old man, wrapping her slim curvy body all around him like a female stripper on heat. Moments after, like I'd noticed of several of the girls, she soon disappeared into the night with the man. That was when I realized I didn't even ask to know her name....
 
Written by My colleague, Wale Lawal
 

No comments:

Post a Comment